hi Sravanti -

Something that is unclear from your message, is that if you used Phaser
for a SAD phasing or molecular replacement.

I assume that latter.

Starting from molecular replacement models at 3.0 A is very tough.
Unless the identity/similarity of the search model and expected model
is very high, re-building the model to represent your structure,
is a very tough job, even for experienced crystallographers at 3.0

I suspect that the reason your Rfree is not going down (which must be your main worry
right now) is that you are being too conservative during rebuilding.
Try to delete and add regions according to the density map and see how it goes.

A couple of tricks that are useful, is to do some density modification (dm, resolve, etc)
and/or run arp/warp (it will most likely get rid of most of your model at 3.0, but it
will likely produce a lower Rfree and better map that can help you build manually).

Tassos