Maybe I'm wrong. Myself solved structure with 1Zn/400aa. In Pete's case
1Zn/570 aa structure was solved at low resolution. I also heard some other
cases of 1Zn for > 400 aa. But for Se, I never heard 1se for > 300aa. Se
could be partially incorporated or have mixed oxidation state. This could
affect phasing, but could be avoided in most cases.
Guangyu