Which reminds me of Turin and Gramsci, then Shanghai, which is the different object from the rest of the set, out of which I forgot Panofsky

But rather leads to the you can’t know anything until you know everything problem

My puzzle is with Wikipedia et all, and the processing capacity of databases, how much the DIRC and MDC is changing – were it ever true, which would have been a different problem in taxonomy

From: To complement the journal 'Capital and Class' (ISSN 0 309 8786) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alan Freeman
Sent: 28 April 2009 17:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: (c&c) ideas + (history + theory)

Rome.

Lindsay, John M wrote:

I keep on finding references to a bunch of people, one of whom at least, Hayek, is possibly regarded as an economist, two, Polanyis, Popper, Gombrich, Pevsner, variously regarded, who escaped from fascism in what seems to me an early manner, without, shall we say, having put up much of a fight, and who had previously been politically involved in the defeat of the Boshevik project, shall we call it?  We need to know something about Hamburg, Vienna, and a bunch of places.

These people then all set about writing books in which they seemed to write out their own defeats and devoted their energy to telling everyone else what to do?

Quite a few of the group were married into the Freud family and engaged in some form of psychoanalysis, and some were engaged with what might be called art, or art history, and some of them tried to join these things together.

I’m curious to know whether anyone looking at ideas of capital and class has tried to join this lot together, for it means stretching across subjects as they are grouped in what passed for the moment as higher education?

Having just looked at Reval, previously, a long time ago, BudaPest, now heading for Vienna, having done Berlin, Munich, how many cities have a special story of the triumph of fascism and the defeat of the workers’ or Bolshevik, ideas?  We don’t need to go as far as Spain. Vienna 1933 might be far enough?

Security System.

Security System.

Security System.