Hi Mark,

I've used the following one quite successfully in the past. You could
change the third WHERE clause so that it is a value between two dates to
get specific months. I imagine you could also tweak it to give you each
month in an academic year in a sequence, too. Hope that's of some use!

Gerard

/*  This query is designed to show the total number of hits for

any one course site divided up by each user.

*/

USE bb_bb60_stats

SELECT

            course_main.course_name,

            activity_accumulator.course_pk1,

            activity_accumulator.event_type,

            activity_accumulator.user_pk1,

            users.pk1,

            users.user_id,

            users.firstname,

            users.lastname,

            count (*) 'Event count'

FROM

            activity_accumulator

            inner join course_main

            on activity_accumulator.course_pk1 = course_main.pk1

            inner join users

            on activity_accumulator.user_pk1 = users.pk1

where

            activity_accumulator.event_type = 'course_access'

            and course_main.course_id = '80103.YX.00.08'

            and timestamp > '2008-08-01'

GROUP BY

             course_main.course_name,

             activity_accumulator.course_pk1,