Greetings, friends
First of all, a warm welcome to the circle to those who signed up at my performances in Teaneck NJ, Oakland, San Jose and San Francisco CA earlier this year, and then to the new Brits from London, Oxford, Newcastle and Liverpool.

The purpose of this email is to let you know about forthcoming performances, and to ask, as I usually do, for you to let friends know in those areas. Most imminent are
Bristol Old Vic (June 4th - 6th)
and
Southport Arts Centre (July 23rd)
I am planning a return visit to Nigeria for performances at MUSON, Lagos and working on one or two others in that neck of the woods too.

A bit of a breakthrough to announce for UK audiences:

No, there isn't a West End date to announce yet, though three days at the Bristol Old Vic is pretty damn close, for which I have the remarkable Anna Farthing to thank! She heard me singing in from behind a pillar in a church in Liverpool two years ago, and next thing I know, I'm the highlight of a mini Robeson festival!

The breakthrough is that I am now on the books of some REAL promoters: Lakin McCarthy Entertainment. They also represent well known BBC Radio and TV personalities like Lemn Sissay, Andy Hamilton and Arthur Smith! So, no more standing on the streets handing out flyers for me: - I'll just turn up and perform! No, it's never quite that easy, but it's a start.

Here are some of the dates they have arranged for starters:

October 7th: Atrix, Bromsgrove

October 9th: Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton

October 10th: Brewrey Arts Centre, Kendal

October 17th: The Harlow Playhouse

October 24th: Library Theatre, Sheffield

October 29th: Mercury Theatre, Colchester

I'm tired already, just typing that up - and it's months away!

For US audiences, subject to visas coming through, I am planning the following:
September 09: Philadelphia Fringe
November 09: New York & Washington DC
February 10: West Coast

Will keep you posted.
As always, let me know if you wish to unsubscribe. No offence will be taken.
Best wishes

Tayo

Call Mr Robeson: Winner, Angel Award for Artistic Excellence.
Nominee, Best Show.
Tayo Aluko: Winner, Best Male Performer.
Brighton Festival Fringe, May 2008.

www.CallMrRobeson.com | [log in to unmask]

Tayo Aluko and Friends Ltd. 25-26 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool L3 5RY
Tel: +44 (0) 151 707 8187 | Fax: +44 (0) 151 707 8557