This conference will no doubt cover the stories of Africans being taken to Asia, the consequences, etc, also about European, Asian and Arab traders (traffickers). Our knowledge will be increased, but WISE must consider other areas of study also. They are an institute for the study of slavery and emancipation, and so it is necessary that Africa and Africans are not always singled out as victims for study.  Emancipation (abolition) is a big topic, and should not only be focused on that continent. The study of emancipation in the Americas is an interesting one, but studying the subject as it relates to Africa and India is no different.

WISE is doing a good job, and is in a position to do better.

Arthur