**Apologies for cross-posting**

Dear all,

The Archives Hub is currently in an exciting phase of development where we are expanding content and introducing embedded images and links to digital content. We are also very keen to progress work in the area of data exchange/data sharing. We are currently looking for UK CALM users to volunteer to work with us on an interoperability project. Over the next year, we will be looking at how to improve the export process from CALM to the Archives Hub, enabling CALM users to contribute their CALM records to the Archives Hub. In addition, we are working with AIM25 so that the export will be suitable for both the Archives Hub and AIM25.

Contributors will benefit from exposure to the UK research and education community through the inclusion of their records in the Archives Hub, which receives around 40,000 searches per month.  They will also benefit from having their records available in EAD, an international standard for archival description.

This project will ask you to help us to analyse CALM descriptions and look how the fields can more effectively map to Archives Hub descriptions. We will be working with CALM to implement improvements to the export.  We will ask you to provide descriptions via the current export and we may need to get further feedback from you about your descriptions. We may also ask to visit you to get a demonstration of your cataloguing process, as this will help us to improve our analysis.

Your role would be: to export descriptions; to check the export to see whether all your information has been exported and to notify us of any discrepancies between the CALM record and EAD record; to demonstrate the export to us, if we arrange to visit you, in order that we can get a better understanding of the process.

Our role would be: to take the exported descriptions and go through the fields to look at how the EAD data has been presented; to create a database to compare data from different sources in order to work out how best to improve the export; to liaise with CALM on the export routine for future releases of the software.

We would ask for a limited number of descriptions for the first phase of the project. We may then come back to you for further descriptions.

Our aim is to make it as easy and seamless as possible to contribute to the Archives Hub and to AIM25. Do please contact us for more information or if you would like to get involved.

Please contact Bethan Ruddock: [log in to unmask], stating which version of CALM you are using, and whether you plan to upgrade in the near future.

Bethan Ruddock

Content Development Officer, Library and Archival Services

Mimas

Kilburn Building

The University of Manchester

email:  [log in to unmask]