Apologies to those outside the London Region

Meeting to discuss the Memorandum of Understanding

Monday 18 May 2009
The National Archives, Kew

On Monday 18th May the London Region will be holding a meeting for members to find out more about the sector review and discuss the Memorandum of Understanding. This meeting is being held in addition to the Region’s summer meeting and AGM, which will be held on 15th July (further details will follow nearer to the date) and will not have a formal agenda. We will have speakers from the Society, NCA and ACALG who will report on the main developments since our last meeting in February. There will also be further opportunity for members to ask questions and discuss the Memorandum in greater detail. Full details, including the text of the Memorandum, can be found on the Society’s website at: http://www.archives.org.uk/thesociety/memorandumofunderstanding.html

Programme:

·         6.00-6.25pm   Arrivals / refreshments

·             6.25-6.30pm   Welcome

·         6.30-6.55pm   Presentations by John Chambers (SOA); representative from NCA (tbc) and Jan Smith (ACALG)

·         6.55-7.15pm   Discussion with members

·         7.15-7.30pm   AOB

·         7.30pm           close

If you would like to attend the meeting please email me at [log in to unmask] by Friday 15th May with your name, organisation and contact details.

For details of how to get to TNA please see: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/visit/where.htm?source=ddmenu_visit5

Becky Webster

Deputy Archivist

Information Services
Institute of Education, University of London
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: +44 (0)20 7911 5483