Thanks to those who have contacted me. Some people are having problems with Ancestry but few are identical to ours.

My problem has been passed on to a different IT section here and this is the reply I received this morning - it gives me some hope and perhaps may help others?

The PCs in our searchroom are not booked electronically (as are our IT suite). Because of this I do have greater control over Ancestry. My tips are:

- once you've got ancestry working - make sure the public don't exit from it. Now this is easy in small searchrooms - I realise of little use to larger organisations.

- leave your PCs on overnight - just turn off the monitor. I did this last night to great success. We didn't have to spend an hour trying to get Ancestry up this morning.

thanks again,

Kath

Ms Kathleen Shawcross
Borough Archivist & Local Studies Manager
London Borough of Sutton, Central Library, St Nicholas Way, SUTTON, Surrey SM1 1EA

Tel: +44 (020 8770 4745), FAX: (020 8770 4777)
web site: www.sutton.gov.uk

Local Studies Centre Opening Hours

Tue, Wed & Fri 10-6pm

Thur 10-8pm

Sat 9-5pm; Sun 2-5pm

Closed Mondays

Printing this email? Please think environmentally and only print when essential!

This email and the information it contains are confidential and intended solely for

the exclusive use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended

recipient, this email should not be copied, forwarded, or printed for any purpose, or

the contents disclosed to any other person. If you have received this email in error,

please notify the London Borough of Sutton immediately on +44 (020) 8770 5000 or

email [log in to unmask] and then delete the email.

Although the London Borough of Sutton operates anti-virus programmes, it does not

accept any responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being

passed.

This message has been scanned for malware.