Dear colleagues
Community Archives and Heritage Group Conference 2009: Sustaining Community
Archives

Building on the success of its earlier conferences, the Community Archives &
Heritage Group (CAHG) is holding a third national conference for and about
community archives on Thursday 18 June 2009.
The conference will again be held at University College London and is FREE to
attend. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The theme this year will be 'Sustaining Community Archives' and we will be
exploring issues that determine sustainability and learning from experts and
groups who have achieved sustainable working in areas of conservation,
digital cataloguing, copyright issues, and using a community project to
promote the community it sits in.  There will also be opportunities for
networking and finding out about other projects.  The key note speaker is Rt.
Hon. Ed Vaizey, MP for Wantage and Didcot and Shadow Minister for Culture.  A
full draft programme is available below.
To find out more and book your free place, go to www.communityarchives.org.uk
<http://www.communityarchives.org.uk/> .
However, do be quick. As we advertise the Community Archives conference on
our mailing-list first, many of the places have already been booked.
If you would like to join to Community Archives mailing-list, go to
www.communityarchives.org.uk <http://www.communityarchives.org.uk/>  and
click on the link to Get our Newsletter.

Best wishes,
Laura Robertson
Publicity Officer
Community Archives and Heritage Group

Draft conference programme (subject to confirmation)
10:00	Registration and Coffee
10:30	Welcome to UCL	Professor Henry Woudhuysen
Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
10.40	Keynote address
	Ed Vaizey, Shadow Minister for Culture
11.10	The Future of CAHG
	David Mander, Chair for the day
11:30	Comfort break
11.45	Taking care of your community archive
	Jonathan Rhys Lewis, Preservation Consultant

12.15	Making your archive available to the wider community	Jack Latimer,
Community Sites

Eve Watson, The Living Archive

13:00	LUNCH
13.45	Where are we? Session I	Short presentations from groups

14.15	Copyright and your community archive
	Tim Padfield, The National Archives
14.45	Comfort break
15.00	Archives and their communities	Jim Aston & Judith Harvey, Cambridge
Community Archive Network

Black Cultural Archives

15.45	Where are we? Session II
	Short presentations from groups

16:15	Close & Tea

Buckinghamshire County Council - a top rated, 4 star Council
Visit our Web Site : http://www.buckscc.gov.uk
Buckinghamshire County Council Email Disclaimer
This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Buckinghamshire County Council unless explicitly stated.
If you are not the intended recipient, the use of information by disclosure, copying, retention, distribution or any further processing is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at [log in to unmask]
This footnote also confirms that this email has been swept for content and for the presence of computer viruses.
End of disclaimer