Sent: Wed 5/20/2009 2:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: reference collection database

Dear List Members,

I am in the process of setting up a database for the archaeobotanical
reference collection of our Laboratory in Barcelona and I am trying
to understand the best way to sort it out. Any of you/your labs has
made a database with software such as Filemaker Pro? Is there
anything on line that can be visited to see a working database?
Because we deal with many different botanical remains (wood, leaves,
phytoliths, starch, etc.) I am thinking of a form that under the
botanical name of the species can group what parts we have in the
reference collection.

I'd welcome any suggestion you might have, especially of databases
already up and working with which compare our ideas.

Many thanks -- best wishes,
Marco

Marco Madella, PhD (Cantab)
ICREA Research Professor in Environmental Archaeology
Director, Laboratory for Palaeoecology and Plant Palaeoeconomy

Department of Archaeology and Anthropology
Institució Milà i Fontanals
Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
C/Egipcíaques, 15
08001 Barcelona (Spain)

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +34 - 934 423 489  (switchboard)