Hi Andy,
very good idea with that database. It surely needs a lot of boring
work (keying in metrics and others). And passive/active use of that
needs some clear rules to protect all the work from "parasites" and
errors. You are right - some standarts are necessary (for example -
only published materials/ some agreements). I'm sure there are people
who are experienced in that subject.
Best wishes
Aldona

--