See the link below, sent to me by Mark Exworthy, which may be of interest.

(Incidentally, Sikora’s arguments should really be treated with contempt by all Americans – and all Brits for that matter. If my personal observations are generalisable, the delivery of care in the NHS is a total mess, but the basic structure is about right (i.e. single, universal payer etc) – it ‘just’ needs to be better micro-managed, which probably means better incentives, although I’m still not totally convinced that you can create good managers, or whether they are born).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/may/20/karl-sikora-nhs-failure-usa