Gary Becker wrote an NBER paper last year in which he argued that economic evaluations of health care often place too little value on the lives of terminally ill patients. I don't have a copy on this computer, but I have the citation at home and I'll post it later this evening. Michael
Inactive hide details for "Roebuck, Chris" <<a href=[log in to unmask]>">"Roebuck, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject

Re: NICE WOBBLES

My great grandmother has laser cataract removal surgery at 97, she had
20-20 vision when she died at 103. Even as a kid I thought that was
inefficient, but her pinochle game was much improved as a direct result!

Sorry for the spam...

M. Christopher Roebuck
Director, Health Economics

CVS Caremark | Strategic Research
11311 McCormick Road, Suite 230
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Phone: 410.785.2136
Fax:     410.785.8140
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and/or privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above.  If you are not the intended
communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  If you
immediately by telephone and destroy all copies of this communication
and any attachments.