Dear Colleagues

If you are a long-term user of this list you will know that I
regularly post journal alerts for the most widely read addiction
journals. Bizzarely, until now, that has not included the journal
Therapeutic Communities. All that is about to change!!

The first issue of each TC Journal  volume is an addictions TC special
issue but other issues throughout the year have lots of interesting
content.

The Winter issue (29/4) has just been distributed. If you are an EFTC
member you may already have your copy (individual and associate
members only receive the journal if they pay the additional
supplement). This issue contains an article by Rex Haigh and Jan Lees
which I can highly recommend. The article maps the histories of the
various TC traditions and argues for the development of "fusion" TCs
using the best practices of all these traditions.

I know that EFTC listmembers have been irritated by the lack of a
proper journal website. The EFTC has agreed to provide webspace for a
temporary site which we hope to launch early next week. In the
meantime, you can download the last three special issues (27/1, 28/1
and 29/1) from the Scottish Addiction Studies online library at:

http://www.drugslibrary.stir.ac.uk/

(just type "IJTC" or "therapeutic communities" into the search engine
window).

Please feel free to write to me off-list ([log in to unmask]) if you
have any queries about any of this. I will post a journal alert for
29/4 later today.

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies
University of Stirling

http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/sections/showsection.php?id=4

http://www.drugslibrary.stir.ac.uk

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,