On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Tim Jenness wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Peter W. Draper wrote:

>>> I didn't even realise that people were using the make dist targets, let
>>> alone using recent git builds to generate them. I'm impressed.
>>>
>>> Shouldn't make install create a soft link though? Or do the copy from
>>> f77.h to cnf.h? No reason to have both in the tar ball.
>>
>> Yes, if I was doing that job I'd add an installation hook for creating a
>> softlink from f77.h to cnf.h. Since DSB is relaxing somewhere, I've
>> committed a fix.
>>

> Thanks, but can you comment on the myriad make dist users?

Who me, not really. The only time I use the dist targets is when building
from source on an odd system (like JNIAST under mingw), where I don't want
everything. I thought David just kept the AST dist target working for
source releases, so why CNF, I've no idea.

> People still get confused by the CVS repository and old downloads sitting on
> the old starlink web site.

Yes, all that needs to be switched off now.

Peter.