Hi Boris,

no, that's not correct, contrasting different parts of a taylor polynomial expansion (what parametric modulation really is) does not make anyt sense, the 0th and 1st order components model different things (the constant term and the expansion by RT). Contrasting the parameter estimates for a normal and parametrically modulated regressor would therefore make as much sense as subtracting the speed of your car from the milage traveled.

You already 'clean up' your data for RT-related amplitude modulation of your HRF by simply including the parametrically modulated regressor in your GLM in the first place. This is true for all GLM statistics in general, not only SPM.

So when ' cleaning up' is what you want, use [1 0].

Cheers,

Bas

Dr. S.F.W. Neggers
Division of Brain Research
Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neuroscience
Utrecht University Medical Center
Visiting : Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht
          Room B.01.1.03
Mail    : Huispost B.01.206, P.O. Box 85500
          3508 GA Utrecht, the Netherlands
Tel      : +31 (0)88 7559609
Fax      : +31 (0)88 7555443
E-mail  : [log in to unmask]