I can’t comment on how effective it might be to spend £150 on registering
with an agency.
But I can say that it would cost nothing to enter FameLab 2009, which would
also get you onto a database that is regularly consulted by television
researchers, as well as science festivals and others looking for new faces
and voices to communicate science and technology.
You also get a free hour’s masterclass, just for turning up to a regional
heat, and you could win a weekend’s residential masterclass in science
communication, a trip to the final at Cheltenham Science Festival in June,
international travel through the British Council, and up to £10,000 in prize
money.
You still have time to enter in Bristol, London, Oxford or Edinburgh, or you
can send in a video entry at http://www.youtube.com/user/famelab which could
get you straight into a regional final.
See  <http://www.famelab.org> http://www.famelab.org

Timandra Harkness
 <http://www.timandraharkness.com> www.timandraharkness.com

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]