From: Alom Shaha <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Web videos for teaching
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, 28 April, 2009, 3:46 PM

Hello all,

I am a science teacher at a secondary school.

I am trying to compile a list of freely available web based videos that could
be used to help
teach science at KS3 and KS4. I am looking for short videos that could be used
to teach
particular aspects of the curriculum, for example an animation of nuclear
fission or an
explanation of why current is conserved in a circuit. Additionally, I am
looking for videos
that could be used to initiate discussion or debate around a KS3 / KS4 science
topic. I'd be
grateful for any links you can send me.

If you are a science teacher, I'd like to talk to you about your
experiences of using the web
to find videos for use in the classroom, so please get in touch.

Thanks,

Alom Shaha

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
the message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list
archive, can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and
science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk

6. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message: