Hi everyone
Jack asked me to share my research with you for interest.  I am working in Port Elizabeth, in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.  We have been focussing on AR for some time now and I have had specific projects around HIV prevention from a gender lens.  I have been reflecting on my own practice with in-service teachers and also helping them to reflect on their practice and conduct action research projects in their schools to promote gender equality.  I attach a couple of papers which will illustrate my work.  We have an action research unit in our faculty which focuses on all aspects of AR and I attach a brochure.  We are interested in international collaboration should anyone be doing similar work.  We are also doing AR with school principals to promote whole school development.

Hope to hear from some of you.

Kind regards
Lesley

Prof Lesley Wood
Head of Department: Educational Psychology
Head: Action Research Unit
Faculty of Education
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
041 5042834/0822969202
African proverb - "If you want to walk fast, walk alone, but if you want to walk far, walk with the other people"

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard NMMU eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.nmmu.ac.za/disclaimer/email.htm