In what way is this a response to Eliot? It's not
unusual for poets who would embrace George (not
Georg--she was English) Eliot's statement to get
angry at the demands on occasion. It's also not
unusual for them tp write light verse.

While I'm at it, that "noisome--er, sorry"
routine is one of those signs that says
"sophomoric--I don't have to pay attention to
this guy," which is probably not what you hope to convey.

Mark