The Penguin Anthology I had in mind, Andrew, was 'Poetry of the Committed
Individual', edited by Jon Silkin. It was originally issued by Gollancz in
hardback then Penguin in paper covers in 1973.I do have a copy, fortunately,
but I'm afraid the Penguin Modern Poets series is hard to find these days, I
don't know whether Whiting was in that, but it's not something I'd expect to
find except at a VERY large library.
The biographical entry for Whiting in the Silkin book goes like this:

"Born 1946. Supplies no biography. Has published 'While Courting the
Sergeant's Daughter' (1969). "

Hence my curiosity.

best