Dear Terry,

Well, true enough. As I said, it depends on how you parse the phrase -- and
on how you interpret design. I tend to interpret design in a the broad,
Herbert Simon tradition, but I did read the query in terms of Gulden's
question in the narrower sense. Of course, Buckminster Fuller is hardly
narrow, but I was focusing on the locus of inquiry as I understood it.

FYI, kunsthandverk also means "hand craft," or -- more precisely "art hand
work."

Anyhow, thanks for this reply. I understand it, and I can't say I disagree.
The interesting aspect of Gulden's query is that one can quite reasonably
answer as you have done here, as David did, and as I did, despite the
somewhat fuzzy zones where the answers do and do not overlap and the equally
fuzzy zones where they diverge.

Warm wishes on a chilly autumn evening in Dunedin, New Zealand.

Ken