I think the only thing that i'd take issue with here is the assertion
of artifacts having properties, but that depends on what one means by
properties.  For ANT, there aren't 'essential properties'  there are
just associations/relations amongst things, ideas, etc.    I suppose
one could form a type of ANT with an essentialist instead of a
relational epistemology, but I think that might end up having
different problems.    I think that if one heads in the direction of
essentialism then one does end up tied into constructions of agency
and subjectivity that must be, or not be attributed in some way to
artifacts.   I think that if we stay toward the relationalist models,
we avoid that and we can then assign agency as a relation if it is
necessary after our analysis.

I guess i just don't know about that word 'property' as it could mean
many things, some of which won't fit very well with the principle of
symmetry that requires equal treatment of objects/subjects/quasi-
objects/quasi-subjects in the analytical field.  If we have an
essential property, such as agency, that is attributed to things only
with other essential properties, reason, intention, and memory, then
we can't treat things with that essential property similar things that
do not.   However, with the agnostic account of relations, we don't
attribute such necessary relations, unless they are demonstrated in
some way.

That said... there is quite a lot to say about networks that has
nothing to do do with actor-network theory or relational
epistemologies and ontologies and there are models of networks that do
take into account agency and essential properties, they just aren't
actor-network theory as i understand it.