have this issue with the wearing of uniform ties with people stating all sorts of reasons why they cant wear them. In my opinion we can only comment on the clinical issues - ie how wearing the offending article will affect an underlying condition (if there is one) . How management choose to deal with the individual, after taking into account of your advice, is up to them

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Price
Sent: 30 March 2009 17:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] eczema and lanyards

I have an employee refusing to wear her security lanyard due to eczema on her neck;  I have suggested the obvious – wearing a blouse and placing the lanyard under the collar – this doesn’t work with modern fashion wear of no collar.  Does anyone have any idea of how I should reply to the manager?  Wearing the security tag pinned to her clothes seems the only other solution – but the management use the colour of lanyard to denote the level of person’s security – so this isn’t being accepted either.

Thanks

Chris price

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net