From: [log in to unmask] [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Beaumont [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 April 2009 09:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] MMR vaccine.

Hello List

I would like to check my understanding regarding the administration of the MMR vaccine.
Presently we check the immunity of individuals prior to administering the  MMR vaccine and then, if the blood test result indicates no immunity or equivocal immunity to any one of the 3 diseases we then administer an MMR and booster dose one month later. Essentially for example, if a blood test result indicated immunity to mumps and rubella but not measles, we would still administer an MMR vaccine even though 2 out of the 3 diseases indicate immunity. Your comments gratefully received.

Best wishes
Annie

This message may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages are sent every day by the system. To find out why more and
more NHS personnel are switching to this NHS Connecting for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net