Don't you have maintenance engineers in the boiler house?  Maybe mortuary techs etc. using the bone cutters/ saws, plaster techs.  Also what about telephonists/ call centre staff?  I am sure risk management have done assessments that exclude these people and more from requiring audiometry but I thought it was worth a post anyway.

Frank

From: "Fisher, Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 April, 2009 3:14:29 PM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH]

We do not do audiometry here, we send anyone to the audio department.  Community staff around here do not need testing, and we do not have anyone on site who triggers the sound limit.  Lucky me.

Ann

Ann Fisher RGN RSCN PG Dip/OH RNT Cert Ed

Occupational Health Nurse Adviser

Occupational Health Department

B Level

Tel:01256 31 (4730)