Dear Mike,

Interesting location.

However, what I am curious about, is whether similar 'explosive'
slikensides to Derbs./Yorks. occurred elsewhere other than these areas already
noted. I do not believe these are the 'only' locations - indeed, the SRMRGB ref.
prev. mentioned indicates that there were other Derbs. mines nearby to
those  mines prev. mentioned where this phenomenon was noted - but not
seemingly to the severity of the main ref. occurrences. Barites seems to be  a
factor in this, so therefore the SW tin areas may be eliminated... but, for
example, I have never heard ref. to such occurrences at Settlingstones for
example - where the vein was considerably wider. What are the factors involved
with this? - how unique to Derbs. is this. Ok, we have all heard about
rock-bursts in SA gold mines (& other deep mining areas), but the depths are
considerably greater so there is a 'distinct' reason.

If anyone would like to receive the Strahan 'article', the person who had
gone to the trouble to scan it for me has said I can forward it to other
interested parties.

Regards, Bernard