Someone was asking about a grademark problem - does this help ?

Please do not forward this more publically - the TurnitinUK usergroup is a closed group.
Jo

Sent: 27 April 2009 16:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Grademark Error within Blackboard

I wanted to alert the user group to an error which I discovered regarding GradeMark.

Grademark error within Blackboard (PowerLink)
Please be aware that you should not use Grademark within Blackboard if any of the students have previously been enrolled on the course as a Section Designer, Section Instructor or Teaching Assistant.

Grademark Scenario:

1.    A course is using Grademark within Blackboard.

2.    A person is enrolled as a Teaching Assistant (or Section Instructor or Designer) on a course.

3.    This person is then un-enrolled as a Teaching Assistant on the course.

4.    This person is then enrolled as a Student on the course.

Implication of the scenario:

1.    The person enrolled as a Student will still be treated as a Teaching Assistant even though their role has changed.

2.    This student will be able to access Grademark in the same way that a Teaching Assistant would.

3.    They will be able to see all student submissions, originality reports, marks and they can make changes to the marks.

4.    This is a compromises student security and confidentiality and therefore must be avoided.

I hope that this is helpful.  It is best to test this out at your institution and if you find that you are having the same issue, make it a known issue on your support pages.  I have alerted the support team at Turnitin/Grademark and hopefully they will solve this in the future.

Mimi Weiss Johnson
Senior E-Learning Support Officer
ICT
Imperial College London
Level 4, Sherfield Building
Exhibition Road
London SW7 2AZ

Tel:  +44 (0)20 7594 9738
Email:[log in to unmask]

************************************************************************* You are subscribed to the JISC Plagiarism Detection Service mailing list. To Unsubscribe, change your subscription options, or access list archives, visit *************************************************************************