Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting:

Join in the CILIP Council Open Session on Web 2.0 at Ridgmount Street on the 29th April from 2:30pm-4:30pm.

The Trustees have invited Phil Bradley and Brian Kelly, both well-known 'gurus' on the subject,  to kick off the open session with presentations about what has worked elsewhere, and the types of things CILIP could try out.

Then the Trustees will open up the discussion to the room, and everyone there can join in.

The aim is to generate some really good ideas about how the Council could be using Web 2.0 to engage better with the LIS community and the individuals in it - both members and non-members.

Those ideas will feed into the CILIP Communications Framework which the Council are developing at the moment - due to be published in the summer.

We want as many people as possible to participate in this session, and afterwards, so do feel free to twitter or blog for the benefit of those who can't be there in person.  Trustees and the speakers will be twittering too.

We will be setting up an open CILIP Communities blog for the event, to post to( 'CILIP 2.0: Council Open Session'); and you can follow the live tweets on twitter.  The hash tag we'll be using is:

 #CILIP2

We want to continue the conversation afterwards too, and keep CILIP engagement with the LIS Community as a 'live' issue.

So come along and join in, either in person or online.  Numbers in the room are limited though so ***please register***  in advance by email to the Members Support Unit (MSU) at:

Strictly on a 'first come, first served' basis.

More news about the event will be posted on the 'Council Matters' blog on the CILIP website, and on the Open Session 'advert' on the CILIP website.

More soon!

Caroline Moss-Gibbons, Leader - CILIP Council

Caroline Moss-Gibbons
Leader - CILIP Council

Tel:  +44 (0)7788 590913
Skype:  mossgibbons