Dear All

**Apologies for cross-posting**

A huge thank you to all of you who joined in the conversation at CILIP
Council's Open Session on how we can use web 2.0 to engage with
members and the wider LIS community.

  By 5:00pm we had 150 people twittering, and 1179 tweets posted.  We
even 'trended' into the top 10, reaching the No.2 position (ahead of
Wolverine and Swine 'flu) at one point.

  A special thank you to our two speakers:  Brian Kelly from UKOLN and
Phil Bradley, regular contributor to 'Update'. Their personal thoughts
on how effective social media can be as a route for engagement will
help us shape our own, as we explore the various features of the
landscape they presented to us.

Thanks also to our 'official' twitterers who participated in the room,
and remotely.  They had full editorial freedom of course, no 'party
line' to follow.

It will take a little while to sift through the tweets, blogs and
emails received during the Open Session (and after), and once we've
done that we'll share the results and ask for input about the
favourite ideas that people want us to try out. We'll keep you in the
loop.

My final thanks go to the staff of CILIP at Ridgmount Street who
joined in the Council's experimental session with enthusiasm and
skill, and made sure it all happened on the day.  We could not have
done it without them.

I'll be writing more about the content of the tweets and blogs
shortly, so those of you who couldn't join in will be able to get a
flavour of the diversity of opinion that was expressed - I shan't be
censoring anything, except the spam that came in (it at least is a
mark of success for the day, as they only hit the most popular trends!).

More on the CILIP Council Blog... http://tinyurl.com/dx5yh3

OPEN SESSION TWEET TRANSCRIPTS:

Thanks to Dave Pattern for capturing the tweet transcripts from
yesterday's open session.  He has also created a Wordle - links to
both below.

Transcript of #cilip2 tweets http://tinyurl.com/dkvzf6

Wordle tag cloud at http://tinyurl.com/cfxbkd

And Mike Hopwood has created a #CILIP2 unofficial post-conference wiki
at:

http://bit.ly/CovTp

Caroline Moss-Gibbons
Leader - CILIP Council