On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Tomas Kouba wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> is it mandatory to have shared directories when using CREAM CE?

Shared between the CE node and the WNs ?
No, it is not needed

> I see in documentation that I have to use pbs jobmanager for CREAM CE
> and AFAIK the pbs jobmanager does not support non-shared homes.

Do you refer to the siteinfo's variable JOB_MANAGER ?
Yes, for CREAM you have to specify "pbs" and not "lcgpbs" if you are
running Torque/PBS.
But the requirement that the home dirs must be shared if JOB_MANAGER="pbs"
applies only for the LCG-CE (not for CREAM)

 				Cheers, Massimo

> Thank you,
>
> --
> Tomas Kouba
> Institute of Physics, Academy of sciences of the Czech Republic

               \\\|///
             \\ ~ ~ //
             (/ @ @ /)
    -------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------------
                          Massimo Sgaravatto
                          INFN Sezione di Padova
                          Via Marzolo, 8
                          35131 Padova - Italy
                          Tel: ++39 0498277047   Fax: ++39 0498277102
           oooO           E-mail: massimo.sgaravatto [at] pd.infn.it
           (   )   Oooo   Home page: http://www.pd.infn.it/~sgaravat
                   (_/