Hello Everyone,
I am new to this listserv but wanted to make everyone aware of our virtual college.  The Catherine of Siena Virtual College is a new online faith-based educational facility providing a range of internet based online courses at honours level for students, both female and male, who are interested in learning from a gender justice perspective.

We aim to do the following:

  a.. Provide excellence in gender aware inter-disciplinary learning that is based on the best international scholarship available, a scholarship renowned for its reliability, intellectual rigour, and flexible, pastorally orientated approach.
  b.. Broaden access to education for hard-to-reach groups; tackling educational disadvantage especially in the developing worlds where access to high quality gender based learning is more restricted.
  c.. Ensure excellence in enculturation of course content by making it available in a range of languages and adapted to diverse local and cultural contexts.
  d.. Develop an informed awareness of the dynamic nature of the Christian tradition and the theological task of subjecting this tradition to a process of testing and renewal.
New classes begin April 13.  Signup at www.catherineofsiena.net.

Classes being offered:

Women Writing for (a) Change
Women in Islam
Women's Ministries according to Sacred Scripture
Women's Leadership According to Christian Tradition
Role Perception of Women In Children's Literature
A Prophetic Spirituality of Justice
Developing Management Skills
Developing an Authentic Personality

Thanks for passing this on!

Deborah Rose-Milavec
Catherine of Siena Virtual College
2739 Queenswood Dr.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
Phone:  513-673-1401
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Dedicated to Empowering Women for Life and Leadership!