Hi, I am helping a colleague with his non-human primate VBM analysis:

He has a chimpanzee T1 scans at 0.8mm isotropic resolution and a chimp template of 1.6mm resolution and tissue priors at 1.6mm (to be like 1mm human scans and 2mm human template that is used) and we are wondering how the reduction in resolution and brain size will affect the analysis.  I am wondering how the parameters in the GM_2_MNI152GM_2mm.cnf config file should be modified so that the VBM analysis is optimized for 0.8 mm chimpanzee brains with a 1.6mm chimpanzee template.

Also, are there any other settings, such as smoothing kernels of the VBM that would be affected?

Thanks,

Matt.