Dear Tom,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am afraid averaging in my case is not the solution; since each of the sessions are acquired  under different experimental factors (i.e. drugs).

So, for each session, I am interested in differences among the 7 conditions. But, i am also interested in differences between sessions. In fact the main effects are less important than contrasts. The reason for preferring ANOVA over t-test is because I want to control for (as much as possible) within-subject correlations between sessions, as well as between conditions.

Would you still think t-test is the best way to go?

(If I may brave a "meta" GLM design; how many permutations must I do in randomise?)

Thanks a lot,
Naj