Hi,

The difference is probably due to the interpolation differences - in
one case the data has been upsampled to standard space before applying
the ROI, in the other the ROI is resampled into native space.

The other difference is due to the peak-peak height of the "effective
regressor" calculated for each contrast.  In simple designs this can
be the same as the PE for simple contrasts and for more complex
designs with confounds etc it can be slightly different - see the
NeuroImage paper on efficiency estimation.

Cheers.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)