Thanks Joost,

That's very encouraging.

Just to follow up on what I said about packages being available, I've
had a quick scan and found that FC10 has the following runtime packages:

qt3
vtk
vtk-qt
boost

NB. You'd still need to build Qwt (or continue using our CentOS one)
as the FC qwt package is for version 5 which I haven't ported to yet.

And if you want to re-compile fslview you'll also need:

qt3-devel
vtk-devel
boost-devel

and a Qwt developer environment as per my instructions online.

Given that it is the 3D viewer which is breaking I might try just the
qt3, vtk and vtk-qt runtime packages with our distro fslview first.