all relating to a revolution in the way we think.

One is that, supposing -- just as an exercise in hypotheticals -- there is
some great political/social/spiritual/environmental upheaval to come,
then -- whether or not it has anything to do with Mayan wisdom -- we here
can ponder wisely about how best one would navigate the last leg of our era
(and indeed there are perspectives to be taken here as regards the climate
debate).

The second is the content of the cryptic wisdom itself, its history, what it
might indirectly tell us about the origins of humankind (which might just be
about as scary, if you look into it -- eg. via the work of Lloyd Pye
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/darwinism.1.html
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/darwinism.2.html  --
as the apocalyse).

The third is the question of the mechanism by which our establishment,
particularly the academic system, distorts the substance of our knowledge.
See Rochus Boerner's superb site on some aspects of orthodoxy:
http://www.suppressedscience.net/

Tom