I am working in what is an obscure corner of econ-business education around
sustainability. If the following statement is true (is it?) then why isn't
it better understood - surely it is very important to prospects of any form
of ecologically sustainable economy? Or for that matter to prospects for the
world economy now and into the future - given the size of the financial economy

“In the present money system we are faced with a dire choice: either
economic of ecological collapse. Ecological collapse happens because we are
forced to bring more and more natural resources into the money economy and
make it grow exponentially, following the pathological growth of the money
system. Only if the public and private debts increase can the economy keep
growing. If the debt stopped increasing or even if its rate of increase
declined then the economy would collapse.”

Prof Margrit Kennedy

I have drafted a booklet with a couple of activities for 14-19yr olds but
really need some feedback [although I have been in curriculum development
for 15 yrs!] I want to contrast  results obtained with the payment of
interest on money with an example of an alternative proposal which goes by
the name of 'demurrage', or negative interest. (Silvio Gesell) It was all
the rage in the 1930s depression...!

If this a mad/irrelevent/blindingly obvious area to work in, that feedback
would also be helpful

Ken Webster

* TO LEAVE THE LIST *
Write to  [log in to unmask] and, in  the text of your  message (NOT
the subject line), write: SIGNOFF ECON-BUSINESS-EDUCATORS