Apologies for cross posting.

Gaming Technologies to support Learning

The Learning Lab is pleased to announce that the next seminar in its 2008-09
seminar series will take place on Wednesday 29 April 2009, from 10:00-16:00
at the Learning Lab in Telford.

‘There is a widely held view that games software is capable of developing a
degree of user engagement which could be usefully harnessed in an
educational context’
Taken from the TEEM Report on the Educational Use of Games

The best way to learning is through play so rather than resist the games
industry; the education sector is finding ways to harness gaming technology
to support learning.  In this seminar successful projects will be discussed and
presented.

Speakers will include:

•	Dr Sara De Freitas (Serious Games Institute)
•	Andy Coughlan (The Small Business)
•	Julie Nickless (The Windmill School, Shropshire)
•	Karl Royle (University of Wolverhampton).

This one day seminar features four presentations from both educational and
commercial angles, and includes plenty of time for questions and discussion.

Delegates who have attended in the past have said:

‘I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar.  The experience and knowledge of the
speakers was evident and the discussions and debates have helped me to
understand the subject more and has also given me ideas that I can
implement in my organisation’

‘Just to say that the seminar was excellent.  All of the presentations were
extremely informative and gave rise to a lot of discussion – perhaps one of the
best so far!’

‘Thanks so much!  I found the whole day extremely useful and all of the
speakers were interesting and thought-provoking….the setting and the lunch
were excellent too and a good mixture of presentation times and breaks!
Looking forward to your future events!’

As a not-for-profit organisation, the Learning Lab is able to offer this seminar
at just £80 per person which includes lunch and refreshments. To book your
place, please go to the Learning Lab Website – www.learninglab.org.uk. Please
note that places are limited to the first 20 bookings to maximise interaction so
please book early to secure your place.

Any queries please contact Abi Redmond on ext 2362 or email:

Kind regards,

Abi