Hello has anyone had experience of a blind student on a counselling course? The issues we are concerned with are health and safety related i.e being alone in a room with a client. We are concerned the student in question will not be able to access a placement as an organization’s duty to care in the counselling environment will preclude getting one.  We want to ensure the student is aware of the issues surrounding this as of course we don’t want the student to merrily go along thinking he/she will be able to practise as a counsellor in the future, if for some reason he/she won’t be able to.   How does this all sit with the DDA/SENDA etc…… any views and experience, welcomed.

Brigid Callaghan
Disability Adviser
Student Services
University of Bolton
Deane Rd
Bolton
BL3 5AB
To make an appointment: 01204  903733.
Direct line: 01204 903803
Minicom: 01204 903490

Please do not print off this email unless absolutely necessary - save the planet.