Is there anybody on the list who might be willing to have a chat with me
about using computers in exams for students with SpLDs? Couldn't see
anything in the archives specifically re this, (but this might be my
search criteria). If anybody is happy to chat to me and can call / give
me their number, I'd welcome  any thoughts.

Specifically, we don't currently offer computers to dyslexic students at
SGUL. While I have made a case for why this should be put in place,
there is concern from the exams team about resources, IT implications, etc.

Up to now, we have only offered computers to students with physical
disabilities, and these have been dealt with on a case by case basis,
(using a few laptop, etc).

However, judging by the amount of students who have had a specific
recommendation in their reports that a computer would be helpful, there
are concerns about space, staffing, IT support, access to the internet
and other software being removed if we end up booking a computer
resource room.

Has anybody been through this transition recently?

Kind regards,

--
Michael Woodman
Disabilities Coordinator