Subject: EG4H Commentary on G20 draft communiqué
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 06:49:08 +0100
From: "David Woodward" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "David Woodward" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear All

Please find attached a commentary on the leaked draft G20 Communique, which I've written for EG4Health. Hopefully it should be on the EG4Health web-site (www.eg4health.org <http://www.eg4health.org/> ) shortly.

To give you a flavour:
"The draft G20 Communiqué leaked yesterday recognises explicitly, in its opening paragraph, that "A global crisis requires a global solution". But at no point does it recognise any need for a global process to decide what that global solution should be. The G20 members appear determined that they, and they alone, should determine the future course of the global economy - and that it should be designed to protect their financial interests, with only token efforts to limit the damage to the rest of the world. They are trying to seize control of the global economy; but in doing so, they are amply demonstrating why they must not be allowed to succeed."

Please forward this to anyone who might be interested - and you're very welcome to post it on relevant web-sites, too (provided EG4Health is duly acknowledged).

Many thanks

David

David Woodward

I am very grateful to nef for their permission to continue using this e-mail address. However, please note that I am no longer employed by nef.

For large attachments (>1MB) or in case of problems contacting me at this address, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism.

Nef does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of nef.

Please note that nef does not accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any).