Thanks for the heads-up Sarah - I got my election forms today. The press
releases for the pro-resolution clearly made great copy for particular
broadsheets in the UK over the past weekend.  In the one below [see link] Sir
Ranulph Fiennes attaches himself to a particular geographical mindset and an
out-moded idea about what it is academic geographers actually 'do'. ...
Apparently academic geographers don't do collaborative or participatory
research across different scales spanning the globe and human/physical
sciences.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6169169.ece

I would also like to urge anyone who is a fellow or who knows any laid-
back /dormant Fellows to vote against this highly questionable resolution.
The anti resolution stance is clear and overwhelming but needs to be
supported.

www.rgs.org

Anyone running revision sessions about the history and philosophy of
geography - this seems a very apt discussion to have regarding public
geographies and contemporary society (pick the knowledge/power geographies
out of that!).  Also good for students to critically analyze how lazy knee-jerk
arguments and dodgy rhetoric are used in press releases.... (Not
quite 'political correctness gone mad' discourse of dismissal, but sailing close
to the wind and teetering on the mountain edge of it).