From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">rui
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:06 AM
Subject: [ccp4bb] microbatch vs hanging drop

Hi,

I have a question about the method for crystallization. With traditional hanging drop(24 wells), one slide can also hold for multiple drops but it requires the buffer quite a lot, > 600uL? Microbatch can save buffers,only 100uL is required, and also  can hold up to three samples in the sitting well. Other than saving the buffer, what's the advantage of microbatch? Which method will be easier to get crystals or no big difference? Thanks for sharing.