The automated cocrystal solution pipeline and refinement applications in
MIFit8  ( http://code.google.com/p/mifit/ ) employs arp_waters for water-
picking and some automated error detection. However, arp_waters is
deprecated in CCP4 6.1.1.

For now, one solution (Linux or Windows) is simply to copy the arp_waters
binary from /bin in CCP4 6.0.* to /bin in CCP4 6.1.1.

Thanks to Martyn Winn for also reminding that on Linux the source code for
arp_waters is still available and may still be built

>Actually, it has not gone entirely, but was moved to the deprecated
> folder:
>
> $CCP4/deprecated/src/arp_waters_
>
> If you type "make" in $CCP4/deprecated/src you should get it back.

We are examining alternatives for water-picking that workable in the context
of automated refinement and are not aware of any other incompatibilities at
this time.

Thanks
John Badger