Greetings,

I have a feeling that this is a stupid question.  But I am baffled here and
I need some help:

I am working with a solid 3.0 Angstrom native data set.  Processed in
HKL2000.  I created the mtz file and used a homemade poly-Ala model as a
probe for molecular replacement.  Both PHASER and AMORE give similar
solutions with good packing, so I think that I am ready to go.  BUT, when I
attempt refinement with any .pdb file and the original .mtz in REFMAC5 I get
an error message that my xxx.refmac file does not exist in its designated
DepositFiles directory and that temporary xxx.pdb and xxx.mtz files cannot
be found in the Temporary directory.  I checked and, sure enough, those
files are not being created in those directories.  Now I am left scratching
my head as this has never been a problem before.  CCP4i has always been a
bit "black boxish" for me (though addictingly convenient).

This has been keeping me up the last couple of nights.  Please offer any
trouble shooting suggestions.  Then feel free to hit me up for a plate of
fish tacos the next time you come through San Diego.

Details:  I am using CCP4i v. 6.0.0 interface 1.4.3 installed on a RedHat
Enterprise Dell Workstation.

Thank you,

Tom Huxford.
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry