Yes :)

It's a common issue that requires a modicum of planning and dexterity to
overcome:

* cutting is done under a macroscope - it's much easier to see what you're
doing
* firm pressure on the plate (with one hand grasping the sides) is key to
success
* firm downward pressure of the scalpel/razor is also very important

The typical steps are:

1. prepare a piece of suitable sticky tape to cover the hole once you're
done. Get all the tools, loops, solutions, etc. ready
2. place the tray under a macroscope and focus on the tape, not on crystals
3. hold the tray in one hand, firmly - cut the film with a very sharp
scalpel or a fresh safety razor blade (hold the tool with fingers as close
to the blade as you dare). Make the first three cuts inside the well, on the
three sides that are not adjacent to the crystal wells. Use the well edges
as guides - this lets you cut w/o disturbing nearby wells
4. there are two techniques for the final cut: a) using tweesers gently lift
the tape from the well, using the uncut sude as lid hinge. Secure the 'lid'
to the rest of the plate (bent out) using a piece of sticky tape. b) under a
macroscope, cut the fourth side through the film ON TOP of the wall - this
can be done very cleanly after a few practice runs. The resulting square of
tape should be easy to remove. If you're really good with the scalpel, you
can cut all four sides this way, thus completely avoiding the possibility of
dropping the film into the well.
5. do stuff with your crystals
6. seal the open well with a piece of suitable film. Note - even though it's
sealed, the drops will evaporate very quickly (couple of hours) so don't
count on coming back to this well later.

Hopefully this helps you.

Artem

---
When the Weasel comes to give New Year's greetings to the Chickens no good
intentions are in his mind.