on behalf of P L Olivier

DOMe 2009 -- DESIGN COMPETITION

http://www.dfki.de/dome-workshop/

To promote creative thinking about how Digital Object Memories could transform our experience of the world around us, we are soliciting summaries of design studies. Professional artists & designers, researchers, and art & design students are encouraged to submit summaries of design concepts of up to 6 pages. We are looking for innovative, experimental and progressive ideas that will challenge the research community to consider broad landscape of potential applications of Digital Object Memories. Accepted entrants will have the opportunity to present their studies at the workshop, and these will be published in the workshop proceedings. The winning entrant will receive an award of up to 750 Euros towards registration, travel and accommodation.

IMPORTANT DATES

* May   4, 2009: Submission of design studies

* May  29, 2009: Notification of acceptance

* June  6, 2009: Early registration for workshop (and conference)

* June 14, 2009: Submission of revised camera-ready manuscripts

* July 19, 2009: Workshop

ORGANIZERS

* Michael Schneider (DFKI, Saarbruecken, Germany)

* Alexander Kroener (DFKI, Saarbruecken, Germany)

* Peter Stephan (DFKI, Kaiserslautern, Germany)

* Patrick Olivier (Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)

FURTHER INFORMATION

Workshop website: http://www.dfki.de/dome-workshop/

Contact organizers: [log in to unmask]