No Alison,
I am simply saying that the READING and critical response to a poem is
going to be conditioned - to some degree or other - by such things as
the iffy area where poetics meets literary power politics. I honestly
don't see a way out of this.
Don't take too much notice of the word 'schools' - it was Kit's word,
not mine, and I think we both know what she means by it.
And I do not 'grudge' Heaney's popular success, as you have inferred.
In fact I haven't made any such comment at all. I think I made it
quite plain where I stand in my opinion of Heaney and 'grudge' never
came into it. I am not speaking for others though.

Cheers
Tim